"An Anthology"

A place to discuss the music.

"An Anthology"

Postby hawk » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:34 am

Managed to get hold of a copy of new album a couple of days ago - have given it a good coat of listening to - really really good.
hawk :D :D
hawk

Re: "An Anthology"

Postby Phil » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:27 am

Also looking forward to the release despite already having everything on disc one (in some cases several times over) but disc two will make it worth having.
I don't know if anyone else picked up on a line on the front page of the Official Undertones website when it mentions the release of Anthology...
I quote - "The 2CD anthology will be released on September 22nd the same day as the band (including vocalist Paul McLoone) headline London’s Dingwalls. Check here for ticket information Further releases will follow throughout 2008 and 2009. "
Further releases?
Any clues or ideas?
New material?
Live recordings?
Phil

Postby MarkW » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:11 pm

I see that the first four albums are due to be re-released with bonus tracks but can't find details of any associated dates yet. I wonder what these bonus tracks will be, e.g. will they be different from the Castle editions?

Hawk - where'd you get your copy of 'Anthology' from so early? I'm jealous!

Cheers,

Mark :mrgreen:
MarkW

Postby Sire » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:12 am

<<<Hawk - where'd you get your copy of 'Anthology' from so early? I'm jealous!<<<

I was wondering that too. Hawk, have you got any insider tips on where to get this from?
suppose I will just have to wait till the concert at Dingwalls.

looking forward to it....
=========================
Nos of Tunes on my I-Pod:- 762
Nos of UNDERTONES tunes on my I-Pod:- 61
=========================
Sire

Postby hawk » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:53 am

Mark/Sire,

Apologies - but I can't say where I got the album from.

hawk
hawk

Postby tone21 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:08 pm

So Hawk can you tell us what the packaging is like? Are their sleeve notes? Who has done them this time?
tone21

Postby hawk » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:43 pm

Album is a four-way fold out affair as can be seen in pic. (click on link below)

Included is a 32 page booklet of photos - notes by Mickey and Damian and descriptions of all tracks i.e. where they were recorded etc - and of course some fantastic music!!!!

Some of the demos etc. I prefer to the released versions.

hawk

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/ ... 1221593329
hawk

Postby Tone Man » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:00 am

Sire wrote:<<<Hawk - where'd you get your copy of 'Anthology' from so early? I'm jealous!<<<

I was wondering that too. Hawk, have you got any insider tips on where to get this from?
suppose I will just have to wait till the concert at Dingwalls.

looking forward to it....

It's been on pre release in HMV and on there site for over a fortnight and Amazon have been sending it out early. So no "insider tips" from me, just saying get down the shop early. ;)
Tone Man

Postby Phil » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:41 pm

Well HMV finally relented her in my home town and put a copy of Anthology on the racks, the philistines at Zavvi are still holding out.
Needless to say I got out of my sleeping bag from under the racks (Rock and pop T-U) and grabbed the copy.

I have to say that this is the best packaged set yet, I don't care that I already have all of CD several times over, the packaging and CD 2 (plus the reasonable price) make it good value for money.

I won't go into a track by track critique but the demo of My Perfect Cousin knocks spots off the single version and the versions of the Sin of Pride material give a whole new angle on the album.

Did anyone else notice the small print on the back of the booklet?
"a number of special compilations and box sets"?

We knew about the albums but more compilations? A box set? Do I need to start saving again?
Phil

Postby jay » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:23 pm

i got it last night in tower records in dublin. i'm a bit disappointed with the quality of some of the tracks on cd2. booklet is good tho
jay

Next

Return to The Music