Plymouth - The White Rabbit 9/4/11

Best show, worst show, no show...

Plymouth - The White Rabbit 9/4/11

Postby maninasuitcase » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:42 am

My mate and I are off to see The Undertones for the first time tonight. I bought tickets to see the band (in 1980, I think) at St Austell but the gig was cancelled so I never got to see them with Feargal in the line up. They, alongside The Clash, were the bands of that era that I most regretted not seeing at the time.

Do the band hang around the gig afterwards for autographs? I saw The Chords last year and they spent about 20 minutes chatting and signing memorabilia for fans.
maninasuitcase

Re: Plymouth - The White Rabbit 9/4/11

Postby terrier2 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 am

You're in for a treat mate and you certainly won't miss Feargal with Paul Mcloone there.

The band always spend time to talk afterwards and are very approachable.
terrier2

Postby maninasuitcase » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:12 am

Cheers for that Terrier 2. It should be a great night.
maninasuitcase

Postby maninasuitcase » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:10 am

I had a great time at the gig last night even if the venue, the appropriately titled White Rabbit, did take a bit of finding. It was located right next door to Bretonside bus station in the city centre. The venue was a good one, drinks were cheap; £2.99 for a pint of lager and £1.50 for a pint of Coke. The only downside were the toilets! They were absolutely tiny, three people in there and it was crowded! Ridiculous to have bogs that small at a 450 capacity venue.

As we had a little bit of trouble finding The White Rabbit, we missed the start of the excellent support act Doyle & The Fourfathers.

The Undertones came on at about 9.45 and launched straight into a run through their fantastic debut album which down well with the 95% male audience. After that we were treated to highlights from 'Hypnotised' and 'The Positive Touch' plus the two lead tracks from the two post Sharkey albums. I thought it was strange that no songs from the fantastic 'Sin of Pride' were performed but apart from that it was one of the best gigs I have been to in years. I thought the band's musicianship was second to none and Paul's singing was first rate. Close your eyes and it was 1979 again.

After the gig I saw Damian first and got him to sign the two albums I took with me (I wish I had taken the rest of my collection now!). I thought I was thin but Damian is tiny! I then bumped into Paul and he signed. Mickey then appeared and I asked him if he would get John and Billy to put their autographs on my CDs and he duly obliged. A pity I didn't get to meet John & Billy but we had a 50 mile drive home and I didn't get in much before 1.30 this morning. A fantastic night out.
maninasuitcase

Postby hawk » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:48 am

Great gig at The White Rabbit in Plymouth last night.

Venue a bit bigger than King Tut’s - good crowd - well up for it - very hot and sweaty.

Undertones played a fantastic set + encores and they all enjoyed the evening.

Nice chat with band members before and after gig.

Link to some pics + setlist.

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a131/ ... ndertones/

I added the encores to the end of the setlist, but not necessarily in the right order.
hawk

Postby maninasuitcase » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:01 am

Great photos Hawk! Lovely shots of a great evening.
maninasuitcase

Return to Live shows