Readins Sub89

Best show, worst show, no show...

Readins Sub89

Postby tinlegs » Wed May 29, 2013 5:22 pm

This was my first time at this venue and the word is "intimate", certainly compared to the last time I saw the band (and for that matter TPE)
I arrived early and was having a (extra cold!?) Guinness next to a couple younger lads when Mickey wandered into the club looking very relaxed and started chatting to the lads in question. Mate, those 3 inch turnups and man bag.... -Nnnnooooo! Nice shirt though......ooh, and new Rickenbacker!
Then from five past nine until about half past ten seemed to pass in seconds as the music came at us with impressive urgency and energy.
Brilliant, needless to say it all ended too quickly even for an old 40 something like me.

Why does there seem to be such a dearth of bands around now with such humour and ability to put on a great gig? I suppose having scores (ha! pun intended) of superbly written songs has something to do with it.....

Thanks guys, until next time.......

BTW: I wonder if the persuasive requestor is/was an employee of that well known confectionary company who have a factory just down the road from Reading towards London? It looked like he'd had more than 10 so far.......
tinlegs

Re: Readins Sub89

Postby Retro Man » Thu May 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Here's a review with some pics and video...
The Undertones live at Reading Sub 89 May 27th
http://retroman65.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... sub89.html
Retro Man

Return to Live shows