Retro Hypnotised tee shirts

Retro Hypnotised tee shirts

Postby cliffthebaggie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:22 pm

11 years ago when the Undertones reformed I made some t-shirts on the old .net website, these included the classic 2 red arrows on black shirt circa 1978 and the "see no more" 1980 tour, front & back aeroplane design. My personal favourite Undertones tee shirt was the hypnotised in grey/black or beige/red with THE UNDERTONES and the lobster on the front in red and HYPNOTISED 15 ROCKIN' HUMDINGERS in black on the back. I now have a very tatty original of this shirt, which has shrunk but thats okay because my 8 year old son wears it, which makes a saddo like me very proud :D

From this shirt I can make exact replicas of the original, in grey with black collar & cuffs, so wondered if anybody is interested.Lots of people on here know me, I love the band and have seen them loads of times, its really not about making money.The previous shirts I made were hanging around the house for several years and I only made about 30 of each!! Please let me know if you are interested, not sure of a price yet but I'd guess around £15.
cliffthebaggie

Re: Retro Hypnotised tee shirts

Postby penaitken » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi there,

I know you posted this a while ago, but I have been searching for the grey lobster T shirt for years. Can you really make an exact replica? I have a photo of myself wearing the original, but it has long since gone. I know a mate of mine would really love one too - we saw The Undertones together on many occasions.
If you are able to make them, can I order 2 exact replicas of yours and my personal favourite in medium? Oh, the excitement of finding your post after having searched for so long!!!

Yours in hope,

Penny
penaitken

Postby terrier2 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:19 pm

Penny,

You might be best to post this on the other Forum because Cliff is often on there. If you don't know the link its here http://www.a-free-guestbook.com/gb/TheConvincer/

Wouldn't mind one myself, I still have the original somwhere, but couldn't get my arm in it now !!
terrier2

Postby snowgoose » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:57 pm

Been looking for a Hypnotised lobster t-shirt for years, found this link and thought YEEEESSSSSS!!!! at last, but looks like the trail has gone cold...will continue the search (they must be out there somewhere)..."cliffthebaggie, do you read, over"...
snowgoose

Postby cliffthebaggie » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Yes I can definately make them because as I said I have an original which my 9 year old Son wears because its shrunk! I Didn't think enough people were interested so I havent made any but I'll find out the minimum I can get done because a mate of mine has a screen printing company. Maybe just in time for Christmas ;)
cliffthebaggie

Postby snowgoose » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks cliffethebaggie. If and when you get them done, I'd like to order 2 x large (preferably in the grey/black). :)
snowgoose

Postby cliffthebaggie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:27 pm

OK, I'll be seeing my mate this week. I'm probably only doing the grey/black design because I'd imagine its an easier t-shirt to get than beige/brown. If I can get both colours then I'll do some of both and wear them down my local pub alternative weeks, show all the locals the cutting edge of fashion :D
cliffthebaggie

Postby oliver02 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Cliffthebaggie here, even though its says "oliver02"..long story! The grey/black ringer t-shirts were more difficult to find than I thought, I had to get them shipped from abroad would you believe.Anyway I've ordered 18 for now, see how it goes, realistically they should be ready mid December, earlier hopefully.
oliver02

Postby snowgoose » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:15 pm

Thanks for the update Cliffthebaggie. Just let me know when 2 x large* are ready and the payment and postage details.

*if the t-shirts are coming from USA, will the large be darts player large?
snowgoose

Postby oliver02 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:54 am

I know what you mean about the American sizes, they're huge! Don't worry these are the sizes we're used to. :D
oliver02

Next

Return to News, Reviews, Interviews