Who removed my previous post

Welcome to the new Rocking Humdingers Club Forum. Please post here to let us know what new forums you'd like.

Who removed my previous post

Postby MesaMike » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:36 pm

I made a post on this site which commented on the fact that the site looks very amateur and dodgy. It was removed without even the courtesy of explaining why. I will say it again. This is one of the worst looking band sites that I have ever visited and surely a better one can be put together. PLEASE tell me that no one was actually paid for creating this. If you paid more than 50p then you were robbed.
MesaMike

Re: Who removed my previous post

Postby webadmin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Dear MesaMike,

I removed your post, not because of the opinion expressed but because of the foul and offensive language used to express it.

As far as The Undertones are concerned the website exists to provide factual details either regarding current activities or accurate historical information. Intentionally it is not there to sell you something or to bombard you with adverts. Equally intentionally it is not based any of the common website templates that make all sites look the same. Most Undertones fans recognise it as being very much in the spirit of the band. Nothing flash, nothing gimmicky and with no pretensions to being more than what they are.

It does need a revamp and updating but it will essentially retain the same amateur feel; sorry you don't like it. And no it doesn't cost anything.

Best
Andy Ferguson
Manager
The Undertones
webadmin
Site Admin

Postby MesaMike » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks for the reply. In other words it looks so bad because it was done by an amateur as a freebie. Why didn't you just say that.
MesaMike

Postby webadmin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:07 pm

You are missing the point. It looks the way it does intentionally. Just because you don't like it it does not make it 'bad'. That's just your opinion, not a fact. Lots of people like it. Just like music, there is no good music or bad music there's just music and you either like it or you don't.
webadmin
Site Admin

Postby MesaMike » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Ah so you deliberately went out of your way to make it appear like it was done by a complete amateur? Well you certainly were successful. I think you are confusing lack of ability with design.

Created with Apple iWeb I see. A freebie WYSIWYG tool for those who know nothing about web development.

Ever heard of usabilty guidelines? CSS Standards? XHTML Standards? SEO?

Your "intentionally" amateur site breaks about every rule with regard to web design.

Oh and MR MANAGER is the bands new name "phpBB The Undertones". You hadn't even the ability to take the default logo of the forum.
MesaMike

Postby Sire » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:47 am

Geez
Whats the problem?

If you dont like it... then dont bother turning up and tuning in

If you are after a job as The Undertones Web designer... then all I can say is you are not doing your job application much credit.

Just come and see the band live and then you will see that is what its all about, not some 'professional' looking graphics on a web page.

ps. They are actually still bloody good live. Do come along and see for yourself!
=========================
Nos of Tunes on my I-Pod:- 762
Nos of UNDERTONES tunes on my I-Pod:- 61
=========================
Sire

pay monthly webdesign

Postby OscarDylan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:40 pm

If you are looking for a complete web solution with people you can meet face to face, to working with you via telephone, email or skype then you’ve found your flexible web partner.
pay monthly webdesign
OscarDylan

Return to Welcome