Gloucester gig 8th December

Best show, worst show, no show...

Gloucester gig 8th December

Postby blondie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:17 am

Fantastic gig - great atmosphere! Went with my 16 year old son who said it was the best thing ever! Loved the music, the banter and those of us at the front had such fun! We were even given the list of songs at the end. Perfect.
blondie

Re: Gloucester gig 8th December

Postby terrier2 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Best gig up to now in my view. The sound was excellent and the band were on top form and really enjoying it.

A cover version and a second playing of Teenage Kicks in a an extra encore. The audience were really up for it from the start. Highlights for me were Billy's Third and Gotta Getta. Brilliant !! Roll on Leeds tonight. Good to meet up with Sire and Phil and Nora again !!

Can't leave without mentioning the support band Doyle and the Fourfathers. Get listening to them because they have a big future and were excellent again.
http://dt4f.get-ctrl.com/#/video
terrier2

Postby Sire » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Great to meet up with you Terrier.
Good choice of Pub too. The real ale was excellent.

Agree one of the best gigs I have seen. Up there with Dingwalls, Le Bespoke ( 992 club) and Lille.
Great venue and a 400 capacity sell out!

we were told no worries about buying in advance as they had not sold out and tickets were on the door.
We arrived at 6pm to be told only ONE left ...but we needed two!!

Panic phone calls were made, but as luck had it, a return came injust as we left the ticket office.
Phew, so pleased we did not miss this one.... brilliant gig.

The sound was spot on. 2nd time in a week.

The crowd were fairly lively, with around 15-20 po-going down the front.

And the best bit... TWO ENCORES.
The band had done their set, walked off after waving an appreciative cheerio, but must have realised they had a few spare moments, so promptly came back on stage for a third Time..... and played Teenage Kicks, again!!

It was just like listening to John Peel all over again, so many years ago. ... it was so good he played it twice! in the same night!!

A brilliant evening!!
=========================
Nos of Tunes on my I-Pod:- 762
Nos of UNDERTONES tunes on my I-Pod:- 61
Sire

Postby DaveL » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:17 am

The first time I've the seen the band since 1979. They've not changed one bit!
DaveL

Postby geoffmunro » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 am

My favourite band as a teenager. Saw them live in '79 and '80. First one I got punched in the mouth by a skinhead whilst pogoing down the front, second one I took my girlfriend who is now my wife. May sound a bit emo but watching them at Gloucester Guildhall, singing along to every song, (still know all the lyrics), just made me think that the band are an indelible part of my life. Long may The Undertones keep playing, I will definitely be looking out for future tour dates ... And they did Mars Bars, surely one of the greatest B-sides of all time !!!
geoffmunro

Postby Sire » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:17 pm

...and a review of the Gloucester gig...

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... l_address=

Hope the link works its a good review.
Nos of Tunes on my I-Pod:- 762
Nos of UNDERTONES tunes on my I-Pod:- 61
Sire

Return to Live shows