Press article from Brighton

Press article from Brighton

Postby Sire » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:12 pm

http://thelatest.co.uk/7/review-the-undertones

Review: The Undertones

Derry’s reunited, and still recording, Undertones have been celebrating their 35th anniversary by performing replica shows of their near-perfect pop-punk debut (original vinyl version, naturally). Radio DJ Paul McLoone has been filling singer Feargal Sharkey’s role for years, adding his own confident, amused persona to the group rather than aping Sharkey’s distinctive warble. The rest of the band were always the chief songwriters, and enjoyed reliving their youthful achievements as much as the grinning crowd. Sticking to the swift speeds of the originals, The Undertones careered onwards through all their classic singles and more. A wonderful, nostalgic celebration.

Concorde 2, 10 December 2011
Rating: ★★★★☆
Stuart Huggett
=========================
Nos of Tunes on my I-Pod:- 762
Nos of UNDERTONES tunes on my I-Pod:- 61
Sire

Re: Press article from Brighton

Postby Sire » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:48 am

Nos of Tunes on my I-Pod:- 762
Nos of UNDERTONES tunes on my I-Pod:- 61
Sire

Re: Press article from Brighton

Postby oliver02 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:15 pm

That is an excellent review.I think my problem with Pauls stage persona is that I don't like Morissey and although I do like Jagger and I think his style is great for the Rolling Stones I'm not convinced it suits the Undertones.I still prefer Paul as he used to be in the first 5 or so years, plenty of energy and great singing but without the acting.
oliver02

Return to News, Reviews, Interviews