Next studio album

Next studio album

Postby Tom » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Well I have had a couple of e-mails from Billy after I thanked him for the signed drum skin he gave me in Holmfirth on Saturday.

I asked him about the prospect of another studio album, as it was Get What You Need that got me into the band as an 18-year-old and I worked backwards buying the older albums after that.

He said, and I quote: "We have a few new tunes but have not got round to recording them yet. Maybe we will some day, I hope."

So if it is to happen, it doesn't seem like it will be any time soon. It's a shame as I think Paul's work is great with the band.

It's also a shame that they didn't play any songs from Dig Yourself Deep at the weekend, and album I also like a lot.
Tom

Re: Next studio album

Postby Sire » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:42 pm

I think Dig Yourself Deep is a cracking album.

Get What You Need doesn't do it for me, I am afraid.... except of course the greatest tune of all time ... THRILL ME.. :shock:

Interesting to read that you got into the last 2 albums 1st.
Just as a matter of interest... did the earlier Albums meet up with expectations, or did you prefer the latter ones?
=========================
Nos of Tunes on my I-Pod:- 762
Nos of UNDERTONES tunes on my I-Pod:- 61
=========================
Sire

Re: Next studio album

Postby Tom » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 am

The first album is one of the best ever from that era, I love every song on it. I find the others with Feargal hit and miss, with some AWESOME gems as well as some forgettable tracks.

I really like Get What You Need and I think it's virtually as good as the first album.
Tom

Return to News, Reviews, Interviews