Roll call for London Gig

Best show, worst show, no show...

Roll call for London Gig

Postby Sire » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Who is going to London to see The Tones then....?

28th July - Under The Bridge - London - England.

I have bought 3 tickets. Not a large venue so best to buy in advance, me thinks!
=========================
Nos of Tunes on my I-Pod:- 762
Nos of UNDERTONES tunes on my I-Pod:- 61
Sire

Re: Roll call for London Gig

Postby Sire » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Sire wrote:Who is going to London to see The Tones then....?

28th July - Under The Bridge - London - England.

Just me then!!! :lol:
Sire

Postby terrier2 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:02 pm

I'm afraid Oetzi is right.

Had planned to go with missus and daughter, but couldn't get a hotel without paying silly money. Went to Munich and the whole trip including flights, hotel, tickets, train and beer was much less than the hotel in London alone.

Hopefully go to Hamburg instead if I can get decent flights.

Bloody Olympics.
terrier2

Postby hawk » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Same experience Terrier2.

Will have to give it a miss.
hawk

Postby lynshroom » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am

I'm going! :P Does anyone know approximate stagetimes? on the site it says bands from 7pm but I don't think the main set will be before around 9, or will they? Are there supports? Anyway, looking forward, heading to Richmond Park in the afternoon for the Cycle Road race and will then probably walk along the Thames Path back into town, that's the plan anyway

sorry about the hotels situation, I hear quite a few hotels didn't make as much money as they thought they could make, as tour operators have actually stayed away from London this summer and there are still empty rooms, but it's too short notice I guess...
Last edited by lynshroom on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
lynshroom

Postby oliver02 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:04 am

I'll be there Sire, havent got a ticket though. I'm driving some of the way then tube, should be there 7ish.
Oh, its Cliff BTW, not Oliver02 ;-)
oliver02

Postby hawk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Cliff/Sire - have a great time.
I believe Henry and Cactus are also going - plus a lot more hopefully !!!!!!
hawk

Postby Sire » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:07 am

What a weird venue, me thinks.

Its probably more suited to... sitting down with a glass of wine and watching a string quartet!
...and the prices gggrrrr A 440ml bottle of beer, a pint and half a cider £12. Geez!!

mind you, they were the poshest loos I have seen at a Tones concert!!!

Got to say it was very bright, not the normal dark venue with just the stage lit brightly, it was like a well lit lounge bar!!

However, the sound was brilliant. Crystal clear. The only issue was a few cock-ups by the band (he he).
Top Twenty - cant remember hearing it on a tour before (maybe wrong!), but the lads had a giggle about getting some of it right and some of it wrong.
Thats what makes them endearing, they dont hide any errors, they just share it with the audience.

London gigs are normally boisterous and plenty of po-going. But It was very tame! maybe it was down to the cultured venue!!
What i like about London gigs, is you see a lot more youngsters than other places, and they are willing to get the atmosphere going, but it wasnt till last few songs that it eventually got going....and it was mainly the young-uns.

However great gig, strange venue, great loos, excellent sound, a gyrating Paul, rip-off bar prices, great set by the boys again.

ps did not see a set-list but I am sure thats the 1st gig for a while where no songs from Dig Yourself deep featured. Anyone correct me, but cant remember!

Good to get a fix of The Tones.
More again next year I hope!
Sire

Postby Alcina » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:54 am

Wohaaa, Sire, great loos, the band lit by bright light and excellent sound would've made my night!!
Sounds like twas craic, man.
Take care!
To gain what is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.
Alcina

Postby lynshroom » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:43 am

I, erm, completely missed this show, got there just as they were finishing the last few chords :cry:

Mostly my fault really, I was running late and then it took me ages to get to the venue, I don't really know the area very well and underestimated how long it would take me to get there, and there were no buses due to the Olympic Road race thingy. However would have been good if they'd posted stagetime earlier, I saw on Sunday that it was 8.30, on Sat before I left the house at about midday the venue website just said bands from 7pm which was a bit vague... main sets in London don't usually start until 9 - 9.30, sometimes even 10 or later, so if it's earlier it should be communicated very clearly to everyone involved, you don't want to turn up at 7 and then wait for two hours :)

anyway, it's a shame, would have liked to have seen them again but I was at the Garage and Powers Bar last year, both really great shows, so I'm happy about that!
lynshroom

Return to Live shows