So, what is the next live band???

One you've heard The Undertones can you really listen to anything else!

So, what is the next live band???

Postby Sire » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:11 am

So, what is the next live band you are booked to go and see??

I have two gigs in December:
- 'James' at Brixton Academy
- 'Secret Affair' & 'From The Jam' at Birmingham Academy

Anyone booked to see Oasis??
Sire

Re: So, what is the next live band???

Postby Roger » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am

SECRET AFFAIR announce that they will no longer be appearing as “Special Guests” to From The Jam at Birmingham Academy and Hammersmith Apollo in December 2008 as advertised.
Roger

Postby Phil » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:57 pm

Not sure about the next one, caught SLF two weeks ago and they were on fine form.
Not a greatest hits tour but instead deliberately playing some songs they haven't played live for some time.
Phil

Postby julius » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:22 pm

will catch Dirty Pretty Things on their farewell tour and in decemeber the Thermals, they are the best band from the states at the moment.
julius

Postby Sire » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:14 pm

Roger wrote:SECRET AFFAIR announce that they will no longer be appearing as “Special Guests” to From The Jam at Birmingham Academy and Hammersmith Apollo in December 2008 as advertised.

Drat!!!!
Just seen this announced too!
Oh well 'From The Jam' put on a bloody good show, so will be happy with them on their own. However, That would have been a gig and a half if both had been on.

Talking about Multiple bands. In the late seventies it was quite common to see 2 or 3 top bands on the same bill.
the best night ever was a gig at Poole Arts Centre:
The Jam
The Vapors
The Beat

A belting night, when the suspended floor was actually bouncing.
=========================
Nos of Tunes on my I-Pod:- 762
Nos of UNDERTONES tunes on my I-Pod:- 61
=========================
Sire

Postby MarkW » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:29 pm

Sire wrote:
Roger wrote:SECRET AFFAIR announce that they will no longer be appearing as “Special Guests” to From The Jam at Birmingham Academy and Hammersmith Apollo in December 2008 as advertised.

Drat!!!!
Just seen this announced too!
Oh well 'From The Jam' put on a bloody good show, so will be happy with them on their own. However, That would have been a gig and a half if both had been on.

Talking about Multiple bands. In the late seventies it was quite common to see 2 or 3 top bands on the same bill.
the best night ever was a gig at Poole Arts Centre:
The Jam
The Vapors
The Beat

A belting night, when the suspended floor was actually bouncing.

I remember the 'bouncing floor' at Poole very well - parrticularly during The Undertones gig there in June 1981 (Postive Touch tour) with Dolly Mixture supporting. What a night! :D

Mark
MarkW

Postby delboy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:17 pm

I am also going to From the Jam in December.Also going to Simple Minds who are always superb in Glasgow.Sae Glenn Tilbrook and The Fluffers last month and as you all know I think the man is a genius ps The Buzzcocks have announced a tour in Febuary where they will play their first two albums back to back.
delboy

Postby AlfredJPK55 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:18 pm

Not certain about the following one, got SLF two weeks prior and they were on fine structure.

Not a biggest hits visit however rather deliberately playing a few tunes they haven't played live for quite a while.
Get free demos for Testking gre online practice test exam and mcts exam with Testking security plus study guide guaranteed success. Our hawaii best quality prepares you well before appearing in the final exams.
AlfredJPK55

Return to Other bands and other music