Dig Yourself Deep

A place to discuss the music.

Dig Yourself Deep

Postby MarkW » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:00 pm

I find it hard to believe but a year has now passed since the most recent Undertones album – ‘Dig Yourself Deep’ – was released. Whilst I may not be listening to it non-stop as I was a few months ago I still think that overall it’s excellent. ‘Thrill Me’ may be the best Undertones song since 1999 in my humble opinion Dig Yourself Deep is a more complete and accomplished offering than ‘Get What You Need’.

My favourite three songs on the album have to be:

'Here Comes The Rain' – a regular at gigs prior to the album release so already a favourite of mine.
'Him Not Me' – shades of ‘Male Model’? Some great lyrics from Mickey.
'Fight My Corner' – a song which demonstrates the sheer brilliance and versatility of John O’Neill’s song writing skills. Some days this is my favourite Undertones song – ever.

Not that there is anything wrong with any of the other songs. What do others think?
MarkW

Re: Dig Yourself Deep

Postby hawk » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:21 pm

As I said elsewhere on this forum - Dig Yourself Deep is a superb album - the only track I have any doubts about is "Happy Valley".
When I mentioned to J.O'Neill that there was one song I really couldn't get to grips with he guessed "Happy Valley". For me the only weak point (imo) of an otherwise great album.

hawk
hawk

Postby Phil » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:32 pm

A highlight of this new year was loading my mp3 player thing to save me the bother of changing cds every half hour, the usually jolly selection to play in the background whilst guests chomped their way through the fine fayre laid before them.

The highlight was my wife specifically asking for "I'm recommending me" and "Thrill me" to be included. I know she went to Dingwalls with me but it was nice to have the conversion confirmed.....
Phil

Postby yuraus » Thu May 24, 2012 9:31 pm

lyrics! please!
yuraus

Postby ihasseb » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:57 am

'Here Comes The Rain' – a regular at gigs prior to the album release so already a favourite of mine.
'Him Not Me' – shades of ‘Male Model’? Some great lyrics from Mickey.
'Fight My Corner' – a song which demonstrates the sheer brilliance and versatility of John O’Neill’s song writing skills. Some days this is my favourite Undertones song – ever
You can join us for bestcisco ccna study guide dumps ccna 200-120 pdf - pass-4-sure oracle training solutions. Our security+ study guide pdf contains all those you want to pass for real
ihasseb

Postby thedoors » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:12 am

I like on;y "Happy Valley".
192.168.l.2
thedoors

Return to The Music