Good Vibrations movie feature incl. early Undertones pics

Good Vibrations movie feature incl. early Undertones pics

Postby Retro Man » Fri May 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi - I thought this piece on the Good Vibrations movie might be of interest as it features some rare early pics of The Undertones by rock photographer Paul Slattery...hope you like them!

http://retroman65.blogspot.co.uk/2013/0 ... -tale.html

Cheers, Steve (Retro Man Blog)
Retro Man

Re: Good Vibrations movie feature incl. early Undertones pic

Postby tedibear » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:50 am

whilst I appreciate that the article was written to tie in with the ‘Anthology’ release, the biggest disappointment is the fact that the reunion of the band only receives the tiniest of mentions in passing. The quality of ‘Get What You Need’ and ‘Dig Yourself Deep’ are clear evidence of a band that is still at the top of their game. The quote from John about his “resignation” at the reaction to ‘Dig Yourself Deep’ and “the realisation that no one is ever going to take the band seriously without Feargal” is hugely depressing – heaven only knows what Paul thinks of all this. Here was a golden opportunity for Mick to clearly state that the reformed band – complete with all other original members and most importantly 100% of the songwriters – are actually extremely good and that any sceptics out there should have a quick listen to songs like ‘Thrill Me, ‘Oh Please’, ‘Here Comes The Rain’ and ‘Fight My Corner’ (to name just four).
You can check out our latest Testking sat test exams written by our linux certification to help you pass pba.You can also purchase Florida Southern College excellent in quality.
tedibear

Postby thedoors » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:11 am

very interesting blog.
192.168.l.2
Last edited by thedoors on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedoors

Postby Paul » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:59 am

Thanks for posting that info, loved the film. When over in Belfast for the gig in May at the Limelight I was lucky to have a few words with Mr Hooley - what a character and an honour to meet the man who signed the Undertones all those years ago.
Recently got his autobiography so shall be reading that soon.
Cheers - Paul ;)
Paul

Return to News, Reviews, Interviews