Welcome back Tones site

Well, who are you?

Who am I?

Postby Ian » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:24 pm

Ian, Computer Geek,Gloucestershire, First saw the band in 1979 (Marquee club in Wardour Street)

Interesting facts: My cat has just been sick on the carpet
Ian

Hello from the drummer of The Undertones

Postby Billy Doherty » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi folks,
I have just joined TRHC (The Rocking Humdingers Club). Just a quick note to say hello. Hope to see you all in London at Dingwalls on Monday 22nd September 2008. Looking forward to playing.
Billy (Drummer The Undertones)
Billy Doherty

wilke

Postby wilke » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:16 pm

hello people wilke from derry here 47 this year been a fan of the band from the start a better live band you will not hear any way i have four kids a wife called mo who find my love of the band a bit over the top sometimes but they put up with it .before i heard or saw the band i was into rock bands some of which i still like today but got a bit fed up with tracks lasting 20 mins long then i saw the tones and f#$%they just blew me a way fresh music fresh sound which they still have today . ok people talk soon see ya :lol: :D :) :lol:
Last edited by wilke on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wilke

Welcome back Tones site

Postby Big Louis » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:27 pm

Great to see club back. its been such a long time that I forgot my password. It was strange on that new site that took over with dating etc. Louis
Big Louis

Re: wilke

Postby Big Louis » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:29 pm

Its good to see the site up and running again.
Big Louis

Re: Hello from the drummer of The Undertones

Postby Big Louis » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi Billy great to see the site going again, any plans for gigs in Ireland Louis
Big Louis

Re: Hello from the drummer of The Undertones

Postby MarkW » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:57 pm

Hi Billy,

Great to hear from you. I'm really sorry but there's no way I can get to London for the Dingwalls gig on the 22nd. Are there any plans for any further gigs in the next few weeks\months?

All the best,

Mark
MarkW

Re: Who am I?

Postby pennels » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:33 am

Richard....47...was travel agent..now on my second life, proprietor of our guest house in Kettering...or is that Cettering?
wife teaches, Francais dans une ecole prive...the insurance policies are busy studying at uni...one a medic (sheffield)and the other a sports management student (lufbra)...??????
First saw the tones at de montfort leicester 1978/9/?
waitin for the move over to the promised land...le sud ouest..le 64....
Richard Green 01536 481940
pennels

Postby Roger » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:19 pm

Roger from Brittany , born 1961, saw the Undertones in Derry / September 78 and became instantly fan and last gig i'd make was here summer 83 and they were fantastic.
My favourite albums are "The Undertones" and "Sin of pride" (last one criminally ignored :evil: )
...Since 2002 this 'french' site, and few gigs in England, Ireland or Brittany, enjoyed a lot "Thrill me" 7" single and "Dig yourself deep" CD...
http://lesundertones.free.fr
Roger

Postby Phil » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:33 am

I am Phil, originally from Belfast, N.Ireland and there at the start buying Teenage Kicks off a certrain Mr Hooley upstairs in Gt Victoria St. (along with many other fine singles). Contributors to the dot net site may know me, I was the bus inspector in Belfast but now work in local government in Ipswich, Suffolk.

Favourite track? - Tomorrow's Tears by the new line up, Mars Bars / Tearproof / Family Entertainment etc - don't make me choose!!

Now looking forward tio Dingwalls.....
Phil

Next

Return to Who Am I?